Every year I make a reasonable list of goals for the new year. Let’s take a look at 2014’s goals and which ones are left outstanding. The red items were not accomplished, the blue are in progress, and the green are completed…
1. Go the entire year without a significant haircut.
I totally failed at this. I chopped my hair short again in early fall. I am once again trying to grow it out. It is starting to brush the shoulders again. You will see a hair goal again for 2015.
2. Lose the entirety of baby weight from this pregnancy.
I did lose half of it. It is a work in progress. Look for more body goals in 2015.
3. Finish decorating the living room – rug, curtains, couch.
We got new couches this year and a rug. The rug is temporary though, as it’s just not big enough. Curtains are yet to be acquired. Close, but just not quite marked off the list yet.
4. Get deck furniture.
This is not even a little bit in progress.
5. Finally get family pictures.
This still hasn’t happened, but it is scheduled for April 2015!
6. Convert someone to a NSNG lifestyle.
I did this, two times over! It wasn’t necessarily me actively trying to convert them, but just leading by example which really is the best way.
7. Finish decorating our bedroom – new bed and bedding, rug, curtains, bedside tables.
Decided not to get a new bed. It became more comfortable once I wasn’t pregnant. Did get new bedding and tables, still working on the rest.
8. Take A Southern Medley to a new selling platform.
I did this, but not sure how long I will stay there.
9. Take A Southern Medley to a craft fair.
10. Go to the beach alone with my husband.
11. Organize my businesses – accounting and all that un-fun stuff.
I did this, then quit using it when I wasn’t really making any sales. Unfortunately, I didn’t pick it back up when business picked up.
12. Get Wino Wellness up and running.
Done and … well, not. I will talk more about this in 2015 goals.
13. Organize my nail polish collection.
14. Get Harper ready for Kindergarten.
I didn’t think he was ready, but turns out he knew much more than he let on. Done!
15. Pay down some debt.
Baby steps, but I did say SOME, so I’ll call this CHECK!
Now, the plans for 2015! I am a believer in goals evolving and changing throughout time. Though some of my goals for 2014 were not accomplished, they make not make the new list… they simply aren’t priorities for me anymore. You may see some appear on the list again, but slightly different. Let’s see…
1. Reach my goal weight and keep it there.
2. See my cousins more.
3. Begin a printed picture project – either printing and putting into albums or creating “yearbooks.”
4. Develop the right working mother’s cleaning schedule for my household.
5. Finish decorating the first floor of our house. (living room, master bed and bath, laundry room, kitchen, dining room, half bath)
6. Start a new business with my partner. I got Wino Wellness up and going, then everything changed. I will write an entire post on this, but for now I’ll say that I have a partner and we are planning an amazing business.
7. Grow my hair long enough to donate. I don’t know if it’s possible for me to grow it that long in a year, but I will not have any major haircuts in 2015. I hope.
8. Take the kids on a family vacation.
9. Read 50 books.
10. Have a spring yard sale.
As with every year, the goals are likely to change. I just want to better myself year to year and make a nice home in the progress.