1. I watch WAY too much crap TV, but make no apologies for it.
2. I was craving sugar cookies and feeling lazy, bought a bagged mix. Well, I doubled the butter in the recipe on accident. Result: look like pancakes. taste like a really sweet biscuit.
3. I love that long-term goals give me a reason to knock out the little ones.
4. I swore I wouldn’t touch my Christmas decorations until the day after Thanksgiving. Now that we will be in St. Louis from the 24th-28th, I’m thinking I may at least assemble the tree before we leave.
5. I keep wanting to go back on my promise to myself to get back to college in 2011. To keep my eye on the prize, I close my eyes and picture the kind of career and home life I want. Works every time.
6. One of my favorite things to do lately is search adoption listings for the right daughter for us… even though it will be years before we can actually bring one home.
7. I’m finally getting my hair cut Monday. I’m still committed to growing it till the end of the year, but I’m going to be tempted to tell the stylist to “trim 6 inches off.”
8. I really need new clothes, but so do my boys. I’ll wear these clothes to shreds so that they can have clothes. I thought my mom was so weird when she wore the same clothes for five years. Now I get it.
9. If I don’t start working out soon, this clothing situation won’t change. I actually have a few things to wear, but they are too small!
10. Today I saw a Nike commercial that made me feel like such a fat wuss, I went and grabbed my 3-lb hand weights to use while watching TV.