I have always considered myself to be pretty hip. I know what’s trendy in fashion and style, can usually tell you what songs are near the top of the charts, and can keep up with what’s new on the internet.
Well, as I get further into my 30s and have more kids, I seem to lose touch a bit. I don’t really mind, but sometimes I find myself feeling kinda old due to how unhip I’ve become.
I present to you a list of 10 things that are currently making me feel Unhip (okay, some of these just make me feel old and some of them only make me unhip in the blog world).
- I have never heard Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe.” I keep saying I’ll look it up to give it a listen…. but never do.
- I think YOLO is douchey. Ever heard of a guy named Horace? Carpe Diem? Yeah.
- I’m not into the same bubbly costume jewelry as the entire blog world.
- When I turn on VH1 late at night, when MUSIC VIDEOS are actually playing, I am unfamiliar with 80% of the artists.
- I still think it’s fun to try to Dougie.
- I do not like topknots. It’s the same thing I do with my hair when it’s unbrushed and I’m cleaning house. Not cute.
- I am not going to wear low-rise jeans again, probably ever.
- I don’t find zombies cool or funny. Unless I’m watching Shaun of the Dead.
- BlogHer? Uh, not for me.
- I’m perplexed by women who dress like dowdy grandmas and have fashion blogs.
What is making you feel Unhip lately?